iSecurity FileScope Release News
Added: Diagnostic function to debug Duplicate record in CHGFC
- New option: Undo User Management
Database Access Behavior: Updated instructions for STRFS>81>7
- Automatic acceptance of file structure changes in existing viewpoints – If a file’s structure has changed, FileScope continues to use existing Viewpoints (VPTs) for the file, preserving the effort made in creating them. FileScope alerts the user to verify that the VPT for the changed file is still valid.
- The maximum record length of output files was extended to 32K.
- The daily maintenance process automatically checks whether license codes are valid or about to expire. Warnings are sent to QSYSOPR and/or by Email to the system admin.
- Support for entering the command with specifying a generic name. This enables selection from a displayed list of files.
- Support for
SHWFC/CHGFC *PRV.This will show again the previous file used by the user.
- When adding a new record to the file, if an error occurs (i.e. the values cause a duplicate key in a unique file), the values changed by the user remain on the record, allowing a change and re-try.
F14=Reorderhas been improved. This includes the
From Lengthentries to specify the part of the file that should be displayed.
- Single Record Alternative Views – To enhance productivity, the screen can now be displayed in three alternatives. Use “
F11=Alt dsp” to change the way the screen is displayed:
- Text (left adjusted), Value, Field name and attributes
- Text (right adjusted), Value, Field name and attributes. This is most suitable for sort text, as well as Right to Left languages.
- Field name and attributes), Value, Text (left adjusted) <- The way data was displayed on previous releases
- Sending file data has been separated to 2 different options in the service screen: by Email and by FTP. This enables easy sending of the data in
- New Email Support – The Email procedure has been completely replaced with an advanced email which supports among other things Secured Email provider, Zip, Password protection and more
- Support of Lower Case comparisons was completed in the SUBSET.
- On the SUBSET screen there is F8=UC/LC to enable entry of LC or UC
- The user can decide whether to “Ignore UC/LC differences Y/N for the SUBSET.
The entered value is always kept in the case it was entered.
Ignore UC/LC differences is
Y the notification on the screen is
*SUBSET*. Then it is set to
N, the notification is
*Subset*. This provide to intuitive understanding of the nature of comparison.
- In System Configuration (Option 81):
- In option 1. General Definitions, a new column was added to show recommended values.
- Option 5 was added to support Email definitions.
- Limits on file sizes and number of fields have been removed:
- Extending the record length supported from 9,999 to 32,767
- Extending the number of fields supported from 999 to 2,500
- Extending the number or fields that can be displayed together from 899 to 2,500
- Changes in Undo were made to enable extended record size. Due to technical restrictions, this support is limited for record formats up to the length of 31,000.
- Seeing more data together on the screen makes the product more useful. As such:
- The full screen update can now work in 132 X 27 mode beside the previously supported 80 X 24 mode
- The single record screen can now display data in 132 X 27 mode beside the previously supported 80 X 24 mode
- The single record screen can now update data in 132 X 27 mode beside the previously supported 80 X 24 mode
- The re-order screen can now work in 132 X 27 mode beside the previously supported 80 X 24 mode
- SOX, GDPR, PCI, etc. related additions:
Enforce Description of changesis set to
Y, the user is now requested to re-enter a description. This prevents mistakes of doing several changes while keeping a single description.
F9=Previouswas added to allow the user to select a description text that he already entered.
- Support of files which include CLOB, BLOB: Usually CLOB and BLOB cannot be used on in Green screens. When such fields are detected, FileScope automatically disregards them and continues working with the other fields.
- Improved Support of SQL files and especially those created by IBM.
- IBM and others use SQL to build files in the manner that was not used earlier. Instead of using Column Headings or Text, long field names are provided with
"_"between the words.
- Also most fields and variable length and are capable to hold a large number of characters.
- When FileScope is used on some IBM Files or Views which have long column heading and text which disturb the convenient usage of them in a table like screen, the product will split them automatically with respect to the field length.
- Enable to define the part of the field (length and the start position) to work with. This is important as long fields are now popular especially when SQL and VARLEN is used.
- While using the File information/Related files capability, it is possible to open a related file in a following
- E-Mail the current view of the file or the original file:
- Data can be in sent as *CSV, *XML, *TXT, *DAT or *SAVF files
- Supports Zip and Password protection
- FTP related features:
- FTP can send data in
- Data can be sent in EBCIDIC or ACSII as per the recipient.
- FTP can send data in
- Single Record Alternative Views: To enhance productivity, the screen can now be displayed in three alternative modes:
- Text, Data, Attributes
- Right justified text, Data, Attributes
- Attributes, Data, Text (the mode supported by previous releases)
- Subset- Support for Case Sensitive comparisons
- Subset- Support of New Testing
N/VALUE(Not/In the Values),
- New System Configuration Aids:
- Recommended product definition values have been added
- Enhanced E-mail is provide
- Improved support of industry standards terminology